Pages

3.12.2009

Happy Bunniversary to all the "Barrie Bunnies!"

One year ago today...



I was one of the baby bunnies taken from the farm. Norbert was all grown up already. Mom began fostering me, but soon fell for my furry adorableness and adopted me. THEN I started to cause trouble! She adopted Norbert in June.

Baby Me! I fit in Mom's hand!

   
So scared my first night at Mom's... She had to force feed me for about a week!

   
Look how small I am! From the start, I always liked to stretch...
    
...and flop!
    
Here is Norbert, soon after coming to our house, learning to relax!
    
And he found out he likes to flop too!
     
All the while, my ears were growing...
And we all know how that has turned out! Mom gave us tons of snuggles and kisses last night and this morning. It was a little embarrassing, really. A year ago today, we were taken out of the "meat farm" and now here we are, spoiled house rabbits. We would all like to thank, from the bottom of our furry feet, Rabbit Rescue Inc., and wish all our fellow "Barrie Bunnies" well today!

13 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Happy rescue, Fez and Norbert! We are really glad you got such a good home and have your own blog, too! Extra treats all around we say!
From your Friends The Spots, who are rescue buns too, wandering around as babies (baby bunnies on the loose....) in San Jose CA,
Tyler and Sydney

Glenna said...

We are so glad that you and Norbert were rescued, and worry about the little bunny with the bloody back. (Why I never, never go to adoption events...BF has put his foot down about having no more than we already have.)

Peaches has been coughing just a bit, as if she has hair in her throat (she may since she grooms the boys), but it could also signify an upper resp. infection or tooth problem or worse, apparently, so off to the bunny vet we go. We use SEAVS, the exotic pet vet in Vienna. We all love it there, and the buns will all go to the appointment together, since some pedicures are in order, and Elvis needs to have his face clipped so he can see (I really hate to use the scissors around his eyes.)

d. moll, l.ac. said...

Hi, Fez, yes, T and S were baby rescues, I didn't meet them until they were older and almost grown to their full disapproving size, but I like to watch them them when they were just smidges of buns here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlN50_GslCc

Mel said...

Hugs to the Barrie Bunnies!

Totally Timmy said...

Such cute pictures. Congrats on your 1 year anniversary!

Ann (bunnygirl) said...

Happy Gotcha Day! I hope the other bunnies got great homes just like yours!

PJ said...

Well, Fez. I have worshipped at your ears from afar for some time now. They are AMAZING! I'm so glad your mum rescued you. You look like your some pretty cool cats, just hangin' out, making the world a better place just by showing up. Happy anniversary.

RG said...

Nice of you to remember that time and remind us all ... how it takes more than a hundred kind people to fix what just a very few mean people do. Yay for kind people!

Anonymous said...

Oh my.. baby Fez photos are way too cute!!! We hope the other Barrie Bunnies have found homes as good as yours.

RoadBunner said...

Happy Bunniversary!!

O.M.G. The baby pictures are SOOOOO cute!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE those ears!

Deb Cushman said...

We are so happy that you all found each other and such a great forever home! It's always a good thing to look back and see how far we have come. The blogosphere would be a bit less empty without you!

YowlYY said...

We are very late in wishing you a happy Gotcha Day - mum loved your pictures as a little one, and of course she loves Norbert too, she must always think of Hugo when she sees a white bun!
Like you guys, we're rescued buns too - and we're happy to have such a good home, at last!
Now to the business: how did you party? Any carrot cake? Dandelion salad? Banana cupcakes??? Do tell Fez!
- Miss Eve and Neville

Maelstrom said...

Regarding your two bunny charity recommendations, Rabbit Rescue Inc. in Canada, Friends of Rabbits of Northern Virginia, did any of your bunnies come from there? I'm including pics of "famous residents" in the voter's guide. Thanks!