Mom and I were tagged for a book meme! We got tagged by Freckles from her blog The Adventures of Freckles and Deb. It's our first time in a game of this sort. Here are the rules!
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people and post a comment to Freckles and Deb once you have posted it.
So Mom just finished a book called "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen and it has been sitting here on the desk. It is about a man who joins the circus during the Depression after going through an emotional upheaval. He uses his skills as a vet to get employed and tries to aid the animals on the show, becoming enamored with more than one circus member. Mom said she really enjoyed the book. It sounds fantastical and it is, but it was well-researched and she says she got really attached to the characters.
Here we go:
There's a shuffling, and someone shushing someone.
"What is it?" calls August.
"Did Clive feed the cats?"
Hmmm, are you intrigued? Now to find 5 people who aren't tagged... we are pretty new to blogging here so we need to find some!
1. Belle at Bunny Blog: Belle and Ferdinand (from Bunny Heaven) and Cornelius Too
2. The bunns at Happy Feet Bunny Blog
3. Fresh Parsley
4. Captain Rupert at Higglety Pigglety
5. The Fluffy Tribe
I don't know you guys too well yet but you've been tagged! Mom likes to read your blogs and look at the cute pictures.